We all would like to see a great harvest of souls into the Kingdom of God. Why are we not seeing that harvest? The majority of American churches are either plateaued or declining.
TRUTH:CHURCHES UNWILLING TO CHANGE ARE WILLING TO DIE.
Psalm 126:5-6 states, “They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.”
3 ESSENTIALS LEADING TO A GREAT HARVEST:
1. ACCEPT THAT SEED SOWING IS NECESSARY (VS. 5).
To ignore the necessity of seed sowing is to ignore:
• GOD’S COMMAND FOR HIS CHURCH
• GOD’S BLESSING FOR HIS CHURCH
• GOD’S FUTURE FOR HIS CHURCH
• GOD’S ETERNITY FOR THE LOST
• ACTIVATE PERSONAL DISCIPLESHIP AND EVANGELISM
• INITIATE GOD’S THRONE IN PRAYER FOR LOCAL AND GLOBAL MISSIONS
• INVEST IN LOCAL AND GLOBAL MISSIONS – TITHE, MISSIONS
2. COMMIT TO PLANT SEED (VS. 6).
• COMMIT TO OBEY:
(Matthew 28:18-20) “And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world.”
(Mark 16:15) “And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.”
(Acts 1:8) “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”
• We must recognize that our purpose is to sow the gospel seed… not spread empty religion.
• We must realize that the seed we carry is “precious”. Only the gospel of Christ is … “the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth”.(Rom. 1:16)
• COMMIT TO INVEST: PERSONALLY, PRAYERFULLY, FINANCIALLY
We must answer the call just as Isaiah did: (Isa. 6:8) “Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.”
3. ACTIVATE A FAITH THAT WILL LEAD TO A HARVEST ( 6B).
• FAITH IN GOD’S PROMISE - “shall doubtless come again with rejoicing” .
• FAITH IN GOD’S HARVEST - bringing his sheaves with him.”
(Isa 55:11) “So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.”
God wants to do amazing things in and through our lives… God is “not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance.” (2 Peter 3:9). He desires that the people for whom He died come to know Him as savior and Lord.
The key to being a part of the harvest God wants to bring is sowing the seed of the Gospel. That is the key here in your Jerusalem, in the United States, and “to the uttermost part of the Earth”.
Join us this Sunday at Calvary as we continue the series, “Back to the Basics – Pt. 10– THE BASICS ABOUT MISSION.” Please bring someone with you.
REMEMBER, GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO WE AT CALVARY!!!!!
Posted on Mon, September 26, 2016
by Michele Kelley