Ephes. 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Edwin Harvey said, “A DAY WITHOUT PRAYER IS A DAY WITHOUT BLESSING; AND A LIFE WITHOUT PRAYER IS A LIFE WITHOUT POWER.”
Dr. Jerry Falwell said, “NOTHING OF SPIRITUAL SIGNIFICANCE HAS EVER BEEN ACCOMPLISHED APART FROM PRAYER.”
Another person said, "FERVENT PRAYER DISPELS ANXIOUS CARE."
4 FACTS regarding PRAYER proving IT PAYS TO PRAY:
1. THE URGENCY TO PRAY IS GREAT – 1 Thess. 5:17
1 Thes. 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
Definition of one SERIOUS ABOUT PRAYER:
One having a HEARTSET, MINDSET, SPIRIT, AND ATTITUDE OF PRAYER ALL THE TIME.
2. THE BARRIERS OF PRAYER ARE DIFFICULT- Eph. 6:12
Ephes. 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
SATAN WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO KEEP US FROM PRAYING. One man said, “Even Satan trembles when he sees the weakest saint on his knees.”
THE BARRIERS TO PRAYER NOT ONLY PREVENT US FROM GETTING TO GOD, BUT ALSO PREVENTS GOD FROM GETTING TO US.
THE MAIN BARRIERS OF EFFECTIVENESS IN PRAYER:
• SIN BARRIER – Some are not effective in prayer BECAUSE OF NOT BEING RIGHT WITH GOD.
• SELFISH BARRIER – Some are not effective in prayer BECAUSE THEY DO NOT WANT TO BE EFFECTIVE IN PRAYER
• PRIDEFUL BARRIER – Some are not effective in prayer BECAUSE THEY FEEL THEY DO NOT NEED PRAYER.
• CONFLICT BARRIER – Some are not effective in prayer BECAUSE THEY HAVE UNRESOLVED CONFLICT WITH OTHERS. – Jms. 5:16a
YOU CANNOT BE RIGHT WITH GOD AND WRONG WITH OTHERS.
• IGNORANCE BARRIER – Some are not effective in prayer BECAUSE THEY FEEL THEY HAVE THE ANSWERS.
3. THE COST IS WORTH PAYING - Mt. 16:24
Matthew 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
TRUTH:There is a price of prayer, but it has nothing to do with money.
• Cost TIME
TRUTH:To be LITTLE WITH GOD is to be LITTLE FOR GOD.
• Cost COMMITMENT
• Cost HUMILITY
• Cost DISCIPLINE
• Cost DEATH TO SELF
4. THE ELEMENTS ARE MISUNDERSTOOD – Jms. 5:16a – “Pray for another”
One person said, "THE STRENGTH OF MY PRAYER WAS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE LENGTH OF MY PRAYER."
• PRAYER IS A CONVERSATION, NOT A FORMULA.
• THE USE OF METHODS ARE FOR OUR BENEFIT, NOT GOD’S HEARING.
i. Lord’s Prayer
ii. Daniel’s Prayer
iiii. Personal Methods/Lists
• NO PRAYER IS HEARD MORE CLEARLY THAN ONE COMING FROM THE HEART.
TRUTH:DON’T GET SO CAUGHT UP IN THE PROGRAM OF PRAYER THAT YOU MISS THE PRIVILEGE OF PRAYER.
One regret you will never have is spending time with God everyday in prayer because IT PAYS TO PRAY.
Join us this Sunday at Calvary as we continue the series, “Back to the Basics – Pt. 9 – THE BASICS OF PRAYER.” Please bring someone with you.
REMEMBER, GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO WE AT CALVARY!!!!!
Posted on Tue, September 20, 2016
by Michele Kelley